If you have ever tried to carry warm soup to work or school, you know how important a good Thermos is for keeping your lunch warm and appetizing. If you want to take your hot meal anywhere and keep it hot, you’re going to need some help. Whether you’re going to work, school, camping, or out for a picnic, a good Thermos, also known as an insulated food jar, will keep your food piping hot.
There are many Thermoses on the market, and some are better for keeping drinks cold while others are perfect for keeping your lunch hot and ready to eat.
So, how do you know which kind you need for soup?
Don’t worry. We’re here to help you. With this handy guide, we’ve made it easy for you to find the best Thermos for soup.
Things to Know Before You Shop
- Depending on the size of the container, most double-wall insulated soup Thermoses will keep hot soup at an enjoyable temperature for up to eight hours.
- These storage cups are great for more than just soups. They are also great for keeping pasta, chili, gravy, coffee, or even last night’s leftovers warm.
- You’ll need to hand wash your Thermos: they are not safe for automatic dishwashers.
- Pre-warming your container with boiling water is a handy trick to help keep your food hot longer.
Top 10 Thermoses for Soup Ultimate Table
|1. Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon, 16 ounce, Midnight Blue||16 ounces||$$$||4.6|
|2. Ecopod 16-Ounce Stainless Steel Insulated Thermos Food Jar, Blue||16 ounces||$$||4.6|
|3. Stanley Adventure Vacuum Insulated Food Jar||10, 14, 18, and 24 ounces||$$$||4.5|
|4. THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal||10 ounces||$$||4.4|
|5. Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Flask||12 and 18 ounces||$$$$||4.4|
|6. Thermos Vacuum Insulated Food Jar-10 oz.||10 ounces||$$||4.4|
|7. LunchBots Thermal 16 oz. All Stainless Steel Interior - Insulated Food Container Stays Warm||16 ounces||$$$$||3.9|
|8. Zell Vacuum Insulated Lunch Food Jar | Durable BPA Free Stainless Steel Lunch Container||16 ounces||$$||3.8|
|9. Evriholder Campbell's Soup Can-tainer, 11-1/2-Ounce||11.5 ounces||$||3.5|
|10. Cayman Kitchen Insulated Stainless Steel Thermos Food Jar, 16 oz.||16 ounces||$$||3.4|
How Do I Choose a Thermos?
Before you buy a soup Thermos, be sure to read this section first.
While, Thermos has become a generic term for any double-walled, vacuum insulated storage container, Thermos is actually a specific brand. There are many other excellent brands to choose from. Don’t limit yourself to only the Thermos name. Here are some things to consider when choosing the one that is right for you.
- Size. Insulated jars come in a wide array of sizes, shapes, colors and features. Smaller models are great for children’s lunches. The larger sizes are better suited for adult-sized meals or meals to share.
- Extra Features. Some of these insulated food jars come with some spiffy extra features, such as built-in spoons, bowls, or pouring spouts. While it is great to keep these features in mind as you are deciding which container to purchase, remember that the most important feature is that it be successful at keeping your meal warm for an extended period.
- Mouth Size. You’ll also want to make sure that your Thermos or insulated food jar has a wide mouth. This will make getting soup, with its chunky ingredients and thick consistency, out of the container more easily. A wide mouth also makes eating the soup straight out of the container a more viable option.
Top 3 Best Thermos for Soup Reviews
This is hands down the best Thermos for soup you’ll find anywhere. It is made of durable stainless steel both inside and out, comes in several attractive colors, and remains cool to the touch even when full of piping hot soup. It won’t even form condensation so that you can carry cold beverages – or soups like gazpacho – worry-free in your backpack, handbag, or briefcase.
Storage isn’t the only thing that comes easy with this Thermos either. It has an extra wide mouth for easy, mess-free filling and serving, as well as convenient, easy hand washing. Plus the extra-large lid makes a handy serving bowl, and with attached telescoping spoon, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a piping hot bowl of soup on the go.
The size is just perfect for holding a full can of soup. You won’t go hungry with this reliable and attractive portable hot food container.
If you are worried about chemicals leaching into your food, you can rest easy with this eco-friendly product. The Ecopod Stainless Steel Insulated Food Jar is BPA free and contains no phthalates.
A great option for transporting your kid’s school lunch, this insulated food jar is constructed of durable premium grade stainless steel. It even comes with a lifetime warranty, so even if it gets dented, wrecked, or smashed on the school playground, the company will replace it. And its leakproof design keeps your child’s homework safe, even when he carries his lunch in his backpack.
Just the right size for a hearty meal, it holds a whole can of soup. It also comes with an extra wide mouth that is easy to fill, eat from, and makes clean up a breeze.
Stanley is a popular brand choice for construction workers, and this vacuum insulated food jar is perfect for enjoying a warm meal on a cold construction site. However, the Stanley Adventure Vacuum Insulated Food Jar isn’t just for the job site; it’s also great for traveling, camping, hiking, or just taking lunch in to enjoy at your desk job.
With a durable stainless steel exterior, this food jar will stand up to some rough treatment, and the stainless steel interior won’t leach harmful chemicals into your food. The lid is BPA-free and also doubles as a bowl. Pair that with the attached full-sized spork and you have everything you need to chow down on soup, pasta, stew, or whatever meal you’ve packed.
This insulated food jar keeps food hot for hours, even in cold weather so that you can enjoy a hot meal anywhere and anytime. That’s the most important thing. All the other features are just extra perks.