If you have ever tried to carry warm soup to work or school, you know how important a good thermos is for keeping your lunch warm and appetizing. If you want to take your hot meal anywhere and keep it hot, you’re going to need some help. Whether you’re going to work, school, camping, or out for a picnic, a good thermos, also known as an insulated food jar, will keep your food piping hot.
There are many thermoses on the market, and some are better for keeping drinks cold while others are perfect for keeping your lunch hot and ready to eat.
So, how do you know which kind you need for soup?
Don’t worry. We’re here to help you. With this handy guide, we’ve made it easy for you to find the best thermoses for soup.
Things to Know Before You Shop
- Depending on the size of the container, most double-wall insulated soup Thermoses will keep hot soup at an enjoyable temperature for up to eight hours.
- These storage cups are great for more than just soups. They are also great for keeping pasta, chili, gravy, coffee, or even last night’s leftovers warm.
- You’ll need to hand wash your thermos: they are not safe for automatic dishwashers.
- Pre-warming your container with boiling water is a handy trick to help keep your food hot longer.
Top 10 Best Thermoses for Soup Ultimate Table
|1. Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon||16 Ounce||$$$||4.7||Check Price on Amazon|
|2. STANLEY Unisex's Adventure Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar||18 Ounce||$$||4.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|3. Thermos Foogo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar||10 Ounce||$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|4. Hydro Flask 20 oz insulated food jar||20 Ounce||$$$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|5. Thermos Vacuum Insulated Food Jar||10 Ounce||$||4.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|6. LunchBots Thermal Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Insulated Container||16 Ounce||$$||4.7||Check Price on Amazon|
|7. King Food Flask Insulated 450ml Stainless Steel Food Jar||450 ml||$||4.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|8. Evrilholder Campbell's Soup Can-tainer||11 1/2 Ounce||$||4.2||Check Price on Amazon|
|9. Zoku Neat Stack Food Jar||16 Ounce||$$||4.3||Check Price on Amazon|
|10. DaCool Thermos Food Jar Vacuum Stainless Steel||16 Ounce||$$$||4.6||Check Price on Amazon|
How Do I Choose a Thermos?
Before you buy a soup Thermos, be sure to read this section first.
While, Thermos has become a generic term for any double-walled, vacuum insulated storage container, Thermos is actually a specific brand. There are many other excellent brands to choose from. Don’t limit yourself to only the Thermos name. Here are some things to consider when choosing the one that is right for you.
- Size. Insulated jars come in a wide array of sizes, shapes, colors and features. Smaller models are great for children’s lunches. The larger sizes are better suited for adult-sized meals or meals to share.
- Extra Features. Some of these insulated food jars come with some spiffy extra features, such as built-in spoons, bowls, or pouring spouts. While it is great to keep these features in mind as you are deciding which container to purchase, remember that the most important feature is that it be successful at keeping your meal warm for an extended period.
- Mouth Size. You’ll also want to make sure that your Thermos or insulated food jar has a wide mouth. This will make getting soup, with its chunky ingredients and thick consistency, out of the container more easily. A wide mouth also makes eating the soup straight out of the container a more viable option.
Top 3 Best Thermoses for Soup Reviews
This is hands down one of the best thermoses for soup you’ll find anywhere. It is made of durable stainless steel both inside and out, comes in several attractive colors, and remains cool to the touch even when full of piping hot soup. It won’t even form condensation so that you can carry cold beverages – or soups like gazpacho – worry-free in your backpack, handbag, or briefcase.
Storage isn’t the only thing that comes easy with this thermos either. It has an extra wide mouth for easy, mess-free filling and serving, as well as convenient, easy hand washing. Plus the extra-large lid makes a handy serving bowl, and with attached telescoping spoon, you’ll have everything you need to enjoy a piping hot bowl of soup on the go.
The size is just perfect for holding a full can of soup. You won’t go hungry with this reliable and attractive portable hot food container.
Stanley is a popular brand choice for construction workers, and this vacuum insulated food jar is perfect for enjoying a warm meal on a cold construction site. However, the Stanley Adventure Vacuum Insulated Food Jar isn’t just for the job site; it’s also great for traveling, camping, hiking, or just taking lunch in to enjoy at your desk job.
With a durable stainless steel exterior, this food jar will stand up to some rough treatment, and the stainless steel interior won’t leach harmful chemicals into your food. The lid is BPA-free and also doubles as a bowl. Pair that with the attached full-sized spork and you have everything you need to chow down on soup, pasta, stew, or whatever meal you’ve packed.
This insulated food jar keeps food hot for hours, even in cold weather so that you can enjoy a hot meal anywhere and anytime. That’s the most important thing. All the other features are just extra perks.
In third place we’ve decided to include this thermos from Foogo due to its innovative design. It features a double wall design with vacuum technology that can keep your soup hot for up to 5 hours, which is long enough for anybody.
What’s more, this could just be the right option for your children, as this design takes practicality to heart. The stainless steel material is highly durable and remains cold to the touch even when filled with a hot liquid. Not only is this thermos portable, its easy to use as well with a compact design and a brilliant rubber grip. It also comes with a non-slip base, what more could you ask for?
If you’re looking for something that stands out a little, don’t worry, you can pick this up with patch patterns over the stainless steel to suit your taste so be sure to check them out!