A spinning reel is one of the most important components of your fishing equipment, to help ensure that your fishing rod is prepared and fit for purpose.
To ensure that you can complete the best cast off possible to successfully catch the fish that you want, the best spinning reel available for you must be considered.
Top 10 Spinning Reels Table
|1. Penn Battle II Spinning Reel||Yes||$$$||4.8|
|2. Pflueger President Spinning Reel||Yes||$$$||4.7|
|3. SHIMANO SIENNA FRONT DRAG SPINNING REELS||Yes||$||4.7|
|4. PENN Spinfisher V Spinning Reel||Yes||$$$$||4.6|
|5. Shimano Spin Reel Clam||Yes||$||4.6|
|6. Okuma Avenger ABF Graphite Bait Feeder Reel||Yes||$$||4.5|
|7. Shimano IX1000R IX Rear Drag Spin Reel with 2/270, 4/140 and 6/110 Line Capacity||Yes||$||4.5|
|8. KastKing Triton Spinning Fishing Reel - Carbon Fiber Drag System - Stainless Steel Main Shaft with Double Bearing Support||Yes||$$||4.5|
|9. Daiwa Opus Saltwater Spinning Reel, Opus Saltwater||Yes||$||4.4|
|10. Okuma Trio High Speed Spinning Reel, Black/Orange||Yes||$$$||4.3|
How to Find the Best Spinning Reel
- Compatibility. The best spinning reel will need to be able to be used with your particular fishing rod and will be suitable for the fish you are looking to catch. If the spinning reel is the same brand as your fishing rod, you are more likely to be assured of its compatibility.
- Weight. Though the weight of a spinning reel may initially seem insignificant, it can quickly be felt when you find yourself trying to reel in a fish for an extended period of time. Consider whether you will be able to cope with the weight of the spinning reel if using the rod to wrestle a fish for a long period.
- Gear Speed. The gear used by the spinning reel provide the torque and speed that will be available, which will need to correlate to your abilities and what you want to achieve.
- Fishing Location. Consideration of whether you will be fishing at a freshwater or saltwater location is relevant, as some spinning reels will not be suitable for use around saltwater as the material is prone to corrosion.
- Size. The size of the spinning reel will be a factor and will need to match your fishing rod. Whether or not you are able to comfortably grip and crank the handle will be a factor in determining the number of fish you are successfully able to catch, or whether you will create more stories about the one that got away.
- Line. The type of line used by the spinning reel will be a factor as it will need to be suited to your intended use. Different lines have different strengths, which will be relevant to whether you are successfully able to reel in the catch.
- Material. The materials from which the spinning reel is made will dictate many of the qualities that can be expected from it, such as its weight and durability. A single spinning reel may include an equal mixture of materials, such as graphite and aluminum, or be mostly made from one material.
The type of maintenance that will be required will also vary according to the type of material.
- Handle. The handle of a fishing reel is important as it will determine how easy it is for the individual angler to use. For example, those with larger hands may find it difficult to operate a handle that is not of a sufficiently substantial size. Check that the size of the handle will be suited to the hands of the angler.
Similarly, the hands can become sweaty after heavy exertion, which can cause the grip to loosen. A handle that comprises a coating that prevents the hands from slipping will prove useful.
The handle can also benefit from an anti-reverse system that prevents the line from running free and undoing lots of hard work.
Top 3 Spinning Reels Review
The Penn Battle II spinning reel is one that uses metal components, which includes the housing, rotor and side plate. Even the wire is made from a heavy-duty aluminum. However, it is a type that is non-corrosive, but should still be rinsed in fresh water after being used around saltwater.
The mechanism uses 6 bearings and HT-100 carbon fiber drag washers, which makes the workings of it easy to operate and smooth when reeling in a fish.
It has an instant anti-reverse ability to help when fighting a large or determined fish.
It is available in a number of different sizes to make it easy to find one that is the right fit.
It is easy to install and to take apart and reassemble, if necessary, to replace any components.
The Penn Battle II is a great fishing reel for anglers of all types as it provides the qualities needed for a successful fishing session.
The Pflueger President spinning reel is available in various sizes, though we obtained the 4 pound/100-yard version, which is very light.
The braid ready spool is machine made from double anodized aluminum, which is what helps make it lightweight.
The Pflueger President comprises 9 ball bearings, which creates a smooth reel.
The handle is positioned well and easy to operate, which makes it easy to enjoy the smooth drag of the line.
The anti-reverse clutch is helpful for anglers to hook and reel a fish that is proving troublesome.
The Pflueger President is the best spinning reel for those that benefit from a reel that is not heavy.
The Shimano Sienna Front Drag is a spinning reel that is made from both graphite and aluminum, and it is suitable for use around saltwater.
It can be used with a range of different brands of lines.
The casting is smooth and the dyna-balance technology means that is it quiet and does not vibrate.
The Shimano Sienna Front Drag spinning reel can be obtained in a range of different weights.
The handle is tipped with a good-sized knob that makes it easy to rotate and keep a firm grip while reeling in the line.
The Shimano Sienna Front Drag is a great reel for anglers who like to fish in different locations.