Whether you’ve been hunting for years or are just getting started, one thing we can all agree on is the importance of having the right hunting gear.
For most hunters including the seasoned ones, rubber hunting boots are never at the top of their list of priorities.
Wet and cold feet are the last thing you want on a hunting trip because the situation could end up ruining your entire trip.
Rubber hunting boots can be more versatile than traditional hunting boots. On top of that, thanks to modern designs, rubber hunting boots are not only practical but fashionable thanks to the different styles and colors.
If you are in a hurry you can check out our summary table below to see our top picks for the best rubber hunting boots in 2021.
|1. LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro||3.5mm Neoprene Insulation||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|2. Bogs Men's Classic||Self-cleaning Outsole||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|3. Muck Boots Pursuit Snake Boots||4mm CR Flex Foam||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|4. Muck Boots Woody Artic Ice Hunting Boot||Artic Grip Outsole||$$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|5. Irish Setter Men's Rutmaster||UltraDry Waterproofing System||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|6. Kamik Men's Forester Snow Boot||-40C Comfort Rating||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|7. Wolverine Men's Blaze Hunting Shoes||800g Thinsulate Ultra||Click to Edit||Check price on Amazon|
What Are the Benefits of Using Rubber Hunting Boots?
You’ve got everything ready and are ready to hit the wild – but do you have the right kind of hunting boots? Rubber hunting boots are the best when you are venturing into the wild.
The best quality will keep your feet dry throughout the entire duration of your hunting trip. Here are a few benefits of these hunting boots that most hunters often overlook.
One of the main benefits and probably the reason why you might consider wearing rubber hunting boots over traditional hunting shoes is that they tend to be 100% waterproof.
This ensures that your feet are always protected in the sense that they will be dry and warm regardless of the terrain and weather.
The reason why rubber hunting boots are preferred when going hunting is that they offer solid as well as reliable traction on slippery surfaces that you are likely to encounter when hunting.
What this means is that there is little to no risk of slipping and seriously injuring yourself.
This kind of traction also comes in handy when you are pushing as well as pulling heavy objects like prey during the hunt.
Offer good calf protection
Compared to traditional hunting boots, most rubber hunting boots are designed to reach all the way to the mid-calf or even higher.
This design ensures that water doesn’t get inside the boots even when you are wading through deep swampy or mudding terrain.
The calf protection feature also provides much-needed ankle joints protection and support in case of any accidental impacts.
When you are hunting, the last thing you want are animals catching your scent and running away.
Rubber hunting boots are scent-free which means that the scent of your feet won’t escape which could announce your presence to the animals.
High-quality hunting boots tend to be very durable since they are made with vulcanized rubber.
Light in weight
Rubber as a material is usually light in weight. Rubber hunting boots, therefore, are designed to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible in the wild by preventing such things as blisters and contact sores that are common with more rigid materials.
In-Depth Review of the Best Rubber Hunting Boots
While rubber may seem a little old school, standing ankle-deep in a puddle of water is not the best of situations when you are hunting.
If you are always hunting in areas with shallow waters and ice, the best way to enjoy your hunt is if your feet are not soaking wet or cold all through.
Rubber hunting boots ensure that your feet are always dry whether you are wading through mud, water, or snow.
There are so many rubber hunting boots available on the market that you might feel a little overwhelmed with the choices.
Here is our review of the best hunting rubber boots available on the market to better narrow down on your choices:
For over 100 years, LaCrosse has been focused on only producing the best footwear. While many people might argue that rubber boots are not the most comfortable of footwear, LaCrosse has made comfort the first priority thanks to the enhanced features they add to their boots.
The Alphaburly Hunting boots are made of natural rubber that goes over a neoprene liner. The neoprene is stretchable which increases elasticity and ensures that your calves fit easily into the boots.
Most rubber hunting boots don’t offer much in terms of aeration which makes up for an uncomfortable hunting trip. The LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro hunting boot, rather than feature the fleece lining like most boots, has a neoprene lining all around that is curved.
What this does is increase air circulation around the leg and foot region ensuring that your feet not only remain dry but cool regardless of how long your hunting trip lasts.
The Active Fit ankle design comes with a neoprene gusset that is adjustable which makes the boot look athletic and feel less bulky.
The feature also ensures that the boot is shock-absorbing when you are wading through rough terrain.
Of all hunting boots, the Alphaburly Pro is the only one that has a customizable ankle fit design that reduces the risk of injuring yourself when you are in the wild and happen to spot prey.
- The boot is made of premium rubber that goes over a neoprene liner making the boot not only waterproof but scent-free when you are in the wild.
- The lining is embossed to increase air circulation inside the boot so as to wick moisture. The feature also ensures that the boot dries quickly.
- The Active Fit design with an adjustable neoprene gusset ensures an easy time taking off and putting on the boot. It also contributes to the maximum comfort of the boot.
- The boot also comes with a multilayer rubber on the heel and toe and a double layer vamp that offers added heel support as well as durability.
- The boot comes in high on the price range.
- The boots may feel a little uncomfortable for people who are shorter than 5’8″.
If you are looking for a boot that offers maximum practicality and is affordable, the Bogs Classic High Waterproof Rain Boot is just what you need. The bot is designed to handle all manner of conditions from mud to dirt that you may encounter while in the wild.
The boot also features a flexible 4-way stretch that is meant to be durable guaranteeing ultimate comfort and satisfaction.
The boots also happen to be waterproof and warm thanks to the tough rubber that is scent-free so that prey doesn’t detect your presence.
The rubber sole is designed in such a way that it provides maximum traction as well as balance so that you can handle even the meanest of terrain.
Another great feature is the neoprene layer and the detachable sock liner that wicks moisture ensuring that your feet remain dry throughout the entire duration of your hunt.
The 16-inches opening makes it easy to put on and take off the boots. The design also makes the boot ideal for all kinds of weather conditions.
The design construction also ensures that you are camouflaged during the hunt. The boots also happen to be lightweight – weighing about 2lbs for maximum comfort.
- The boots are 100% waterproof.
- The contour fit design is meant to offer maximum support as well as movement regardless of the terrain.
- The boots come with a Net-Tech lining that is well insulated such that your feet remain dry and warm even when hunting in -40 degrees temperatures.
- The boots also feature great traction as well as excellent tread patterns that make hunting in slippery as well as muddy terrains easier.
- Compared to other hunting boots, the Bogs Classic High Waterproof Rain Boot doesn’t keep your feet as warm.
- The thick treads can be challenging when hunting through icy terrains.
The Muck brand has been around since 1999 producing comfortable as well as high-performance footwear.
As a hunter, you can never be sure where your hunting trip will take you. As such, sometimes you may find yourself hunting near a snake habitat.
The boots are 100% snake-proof having been tested against a dozen Diamondback Rattlesnake strikes making them one of the best hunting rubber boots on the market.
The boots feature a full rubber exterior as well as an antimicrobial Sock and XpressCool liner designed to keep your feet cool and dry even during hot weather.
The 4mm neoprene adjusts well to the shape of your feet to reduce chafing when you are wearing the boot and ensures maximum comfort.
The boots also come with EVA midsoles that blend well with a lightweight rubber outer sole that makes the boots as comfortable all year round with the comfort being rated from 4 °C to 35 °C.
The boots also happen to be fully waterproof, lightweight, and come with a solid outsole that is meant to offer great traction on wet as well as slippery and bumpy terrain. Additionally, the rear loop makes it easy to put on and take off the boots.
- The boots are 100% snake resistant which means never having to worry about snake bites if you stumble into a snake habitat.
- The boots are also waterproof which keeps your feet dry and warm even when hunting in muddy and wet areas.
- The rubber outsole makes the boot very lightweight for added comfort. The lightweight feature also makes it easy to carry the boots in your hunting backpack.
- The boots also feature a sock liner on the inside which helps to reduce friction ensuring that your feet are blister-free regardless of how long your hunting trip will last.
- The boot is not as flexible especially if you have wider feet, therefore, ensure that you choose the right size.
If you are looking for hunting boots that can keep your feet warm even in the most extreme of conditions, look no further than the Muck Woody Arctic Ice Extreme Men’s Winter Hunting Boot.
The boot is designed to not only keep your feet warm and dry but minimize scent that may alert the animals of your scent.
They feature a neoprene, thermal, and fleece foam with a comfort rating of -60 to 30 degrees but the boots excel most in cold weather.
The soft, thermal foam is meant to keep your feet warm even when the weather is bone-chilling.
The neoprene rubber while it keeps your feet warm, enhances the comfort of the boots.
Neoprene is a flexible material that adjusts well to the shape of the foot reducing the risk of developing blisters and chafing especially when you have to wear the boots for long periods of time.
The boots also feature an EVA midsole that cushions your feet even when walking in the most rugged of terrains.
The boots also have a Vibram Arctic Grip whereby the rubber is infused with metal to offer better traction on icy terrain.
- The boots are fully designed to keep you warm even under extremely cold weather.
- The Vibram Arctic Grip feature ensures that you can’t slip and injure yourself when you are hunting in icy terrain.
- The neoprene layer ensures that your feet remain warm during the entire duration of your hunt.
- The boots are designed for functionality especially when it comes to extremely cold weather but the boots could get wet from your feet sweating especially when you are targeting a long trek.
Irish Setter is among the popular companies when it comes to hunting footwear focusing on quality above all which is evident in their Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 800-Gram Rubber Boot.
Simply put, the boot is an improvement of every regular hunting boot being that it’s not only comfortable but light in weight.
The boots come with a Scentban™ feature that ensures that you remain undetected by prey when you are hunting. The feature is designed to kills bacteria that are responsible for odors that may scare prey away.
The technology features specialized components that line the interior as well as the footbed of the boots.
This feature also ensures that your feet remain insulated and cool even during long treks in the wild.
One of the features that most hunters look for in a hunting boot is lightweight. The Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 800-Gram Rubber Boot features RPM™ Technology that ensures that you can trek for miles without the boots giving in by significantly reducing their weight.
Another great feature that Irish Setter has incorporated in the boots is the Exoflex® Technology.
Most hunting boots feature extra ankle support protection which is a great feature in a hunting boot but this brand adds heel protection as well.
The technology makes it possible for the boots to expand creating enough room at the back foot before they contract once again for a tighter fit.
What this feature does is enhance the versatility of the boots ensuring that every stride is comfortable regardless of the miles you have to cover.
- The boots have a study insulation system that keeps your feet warm even when you are hunting in cold weather.
- The neoprene liner is also 100% waterproof which ensures that your feet remain dry during the hunt.
- The boots are light in weight which makes trekking long distances just as comfortable.
- The RPM sole technology ensures maximum protection as well as comfort regardless of the terrain.
- The size fit can be a little tricky especially if you have wider feet and you may need to order at least a size up if the boots are to fit perfectly.
Kamik is a Canadian company that has been in the outdoor footwear industry for more than a decade. Compared to other companies, their hunting boots are quite affordable while still maintaining quality.
If you are always hunting during winter, you need a boot that keeps your feet dry as well as warm. The Kamik Men’s Forester Snow Boot is designed to handle such conditions.
The boot is fully waterproof and comes with added insulation in form of a removable 8mm Thermal Guard Liner. This feature makes it possible for you to comfortably hunt for long hours in freezing temperatures of up to -40 degrees with your feet still warm.
They also feature adjustable drawstring collars that are meant to keep debris, snow, and general moisture out so that your feet remain dry regardless of the terrain and weather.
The boots can be a bit heavy compared to similar boots on the market weighing about 3.89 lbs and with 14.5 inches of height.
The inside lining wicks moisture and also happens to be removable so that you can take it out to dry after a hunt. This also means that the boots can be worn in warm weather without your feet sweating too much.
- The boots come with a removable thermal guard that only adds to the comfort and versatility of the boots.
- The boots are high enough to go above the ankles, therefore, offering full protection.
- The rubber insoles offer extra cushioning if you are planning on trekking for hours or through rugged terrain.
- The material that the boots are made from may crack at the seam after some time.
- The boots don’t come in so many colors (black and green) which doesn’t give you much of an option if you are looking for boots that are practical as well as fashionable.
- The boots are also larger than your average hunting boots which could mean wearing much thicker socks.
The Wolverine Blaze Insulated Waterproof Pull-on Hunting Boot makes for a great hunting boot thanks to the anti-fatigue footbed that enhances support and comfort when you are hunting.
The boot comes with a large heel kicker that makes taking off the boot after a hunt easier.
In addition to that, it features an 18-inch opening and a 15.57-inch shaft for added comfort and functionality.
Another great feature is the mesh lining that wicks moisture to ensure that your feet remain dry and warm regardless of the weather and hunting duration.
- The anti-fatigue footbed is the best feature cushioning your feet for added comfort.
- The boot design makes putting on and taking off easy especially when you’ve had a long day.
- The wire mesh wicks away moisture to keep your feet dry and warm all day long.
- Compared to other hunting boots, the Wolverine Blaze Insulated Waterproof Pull-on Hunting Boot is heavy which can be challenging for amateur hunters.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Hunting Rubber Boots
Now that we’ve narrowed it down for you so that you have an easier time choosing a hunting rubber boot, what are the factors that you need to pay attention to so as to get value for your money?
Good traction in a rubber hunting boot is one of the most important features you should pay attention to.
Excellent traction ensures that you don’t slip whether you are hunting in icy or muddy terrain.
The last thing you want is a hunting rubber boot that is too heavy that your hunting trip ends up being miserable.
Go for a boot that is not only functional but light in weight. Your feet will thank you later especially when you have to trek for many miles in search of game.
Lightweight boots also ensure that weight is reduced on the feet area when you need to drag heavy prey through the wild after a hunt.
When you are hunting even in rubber hunting boots, water can still get inside the boots especially when you are wading through wet terrain.
You, therefore, need to go for a boot that is high enough – at least a shaft of 10 to 18 inches will do.
Besides being waterproof, hunting rubber boots need to be well insulated to keep your feet warm.
This is especially if you hunt in icy terrains. Cold and wet feet can end up ruining your hunting trip.
When all is said and done, a hunting boot needs to fit well. Most of the problems that hunters encounter in the wild are caused by ill-fitting hunting boots.
Unless you want to cut your hunting trip short due to blisters and feet chafing, as you consider all other factors, go for boots that have a proper fit.
Speaking of proper fit, ensure that the hunting boots you go for can properly be worn with your choice of hunting socks without them being too tight to cause friction when you are trekking.
Traditional hunting boots are ideal when you are going hunting but rubber hunting boots offer more practicality. When in the wild, your feet not only need to be comfortable but dry and warm and that’s what rubber hunting boots offer. Modern designs mean that hunting rubber boots are no longer just practical but versatile. And speaking of versatility, footwear companies now manufacture rubber hunting boots that can be worn in all manner of situations – whether you are hunting in muddy, wet, or icy terrain or even near a snake habitat. A rubber hunting boot has got you covered in more ways than a regular hunting boot will ever do!