If you are like most people, you prefer drinking your coffee while it’s hot, but keeping your coffee hot, especially when you are a busy person, can be complicated. Choosing a coffee mug with insulation to keep the heat in may not maintain a scorching temperature, but it will help keep your coffee from turning into an iced beverage until you have a chance to truly enjoy it.
Finding an insulated coffee mug to keep your morning joe at an enjoyable temperature isn’t an easy task, especially when you’re under-caffeinated. We’ve done the challenging work for you by compiling this comprehensive guide.
Use it to help you find the best insulated coffee mug to keep your java steaming until you have a chance to sip and enjoy.
Top 10 Insulated Coffee Mugs Comparison Chart
Choosing an Insulated Coffee Mug
There are few things more common than a coffee mug, but if you want to keep your coffee hot, you’re going to need an uncommon cup. Here are some things to consider when choosing an insulated mug for your morning brew.
- Handles. While not completely necessary, a mug with a handle is just easier to sip from. Choose one that is durable but still comfortable in your hands.
- Double Walls. Choosing a mug with a double wall will help protect your hands if you accidentally reach for your mug handle and miss. Nothing ruins a morning like a first-degree burn. Double wall construction also helps prevent your coffee’s heat from escaping, so your beverage will stay hot longer.
- Durability. Choosing a mug made from durable materials is a must, especially if you will be using it every day. Consider something that doesn’t smash easily such as stainless steel or durable plastic.
- Cleaning. If you don’t want to have to wash your insulated coffee mug by hand, look for one that is labeled dishwasher safe. If your chosen mug isn’t dishwasher safe, make sure that it has a wide-mouth opening to facilitate easy hand washing.
- Size. This is mostly a matter of personal preference. However, you want a mug that holds enough coffee to provide ample caffeine.
If you will be using your mug for travel, you may need to consider a larger size.
At home, hot refills are more readily available, but make sure there’s enough room for creamer and sugar if that’s how you take your java.
- Lids. While a lid will help keep your coffee steaming longer, they can be more difficult to clean. This is especially true if there are hinges or sliding mechanisms that might require extra effort to keep them clean.
Top 3 Best Insulated Coffee Mug Reviews
This stainless steel vacuum-insulated travel mug keeps your morning coffee hot or cold, depending on how you like it. It has a wide mouth for easy filling and cleaning, but an overall compact design so it doesn’t take up a lot of space on your desk or in your car’s cup holder.
It has a flip lid to prevent spills and help keep the heat in. With a built-in safety lock to prevent accidental opening, you’ll never have to worry about sloshing or spilling that precious morning coffee ever again. However, when you’re ready to take a sip, the lid flips open easily with one hand.
The Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug has a non-coated, electropolished interior which provides a smooth and ultra-clean vessel for your morning joe. This finish resists corrosion and repels stains and foreign substances.
The sleek and attractive design of this durable mug will turn heads at the office, gym, or school drop-off line. You’ll have more than just a hot cup of coffee, you’ll also have a stylish accessory. With many quality features, this is hands down the best insulated coffee mug on the market today.
This 100 percent BPA coffee mug features a double-wall vacuum-insulated stainless steel construction. It keeps coffee hot for up to five hours and iced coffee cold for up to twelve. If you are an all-day sipper, this is the perfect insulated coffee mug for you.
The Contigo Pinnacle Travel Mug has a patented lid that automatically seals between sips to prevent spills and leaks while maintaining beverage temperature. The lid flips open completely for easy cleaning and is top-shelf dishwasher safe. Handwashing is recommended for the mug body.
Many like that this mug will easily fit into their lunchbox and even under a Keurig machine.
We weren’t too crazy about the opening button since it rendered the product less inconvenient, yet on the positive side, this made it leakproof, indeed!
When comfort is essential at home or in the office, the Timolino @tanium II Vacuum Travel Mug delivers. Its vacuum insulation keeps your coffee hot for hours while the exterior remains comfortably cool to the touch.
Its wide non-slip base resists tipping and won’t scratch up your good furniture. It also has a splash-proof lid, so you don’t have to worry about stubborn coffee stains on your clothes or upholstery.
This is a smart option for moms of young children who need to protect their coffee from small curious hands.