The thrill of the hunt: there’s really no other feeling quite like it. You need to remain absolutely concentrated when you’re out in the field because even the slightest distraction can ruin the experience; the distraction of freezing cold fingers, for example.
There are two things that a decent pair of hunting gloves should do: first, they should keep your hands warm (this is obvious) but secondly, they should not interfere with your ability to handle your weapon.
In order to help you find the best hunting gloves, we will be discussing the top 6 options in our guide below.
Before you freeze, miss out on a great shot or get hurt because of inadequate gloves, we decided to lend you a hand. We know that finding the perfect hunting gloves is a daunting task, so we’ve put together this brief guide to help you.
Things You Should Consider
There are many different types of hunting gloves. Here are the main ones and the situations when they are a wise solution:
- Full Gloves. These are the most common type of gloves people think of when it comes to hunting gear. They come in various colors, materials, and designs, so you’ll find anything you need, no matter how picky you think you are.
- Fingerless Gloves. If you want to look cool and feel like a rock star while you’re hunting, this is a perfect choice. They offer good freedom of moving and a good grip. Don’t let their design full you – they are practical, warm, and comfortable.
- Mittens. Many of us didn’t enjoy this particular kind of glove as kids. They’re rigid, and you can’t count on your fingers too much, yet a big plus for mittens it’s the fact that lately they can be labeled as “convertible.” Simply put, they can turn into full gloves in the blink of an eye.
Top 6 Hunting Gloves Table
|1. Primos Stretch-Fit Gloves with Sure-Grip and Extended Cuff||Full Gloves||$||4.1||Buy on Amazon|
|2. TrailHeads Lightweight Gloves with Touchscreen Fingers||Full Gloves||$$||4.3||Buy on Amazon|
|3. Under Armour Men's Hunt Liner Gloves||Full Gloves||$$$||4.3||Buy on Amazon|
|4. Heat Factory Gloves with Pop-Top Mittens||Mittens||$$||4.0||Buy on Amazon|
|5. Hatch Elite Winter Specialist Glove||Full Glove||$$$||4.2||Buy on Amazon|
|6. Viperade Mens Tactical Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Glove||Full Glove||$$||4.5||Buy on Amazon|
The material is one of the most important aspects of the glove. Here are some of the most common ones and details about their effects:
- Leather. If you want something to last for years and you care about being stylish, then you should set this as a filter next time you go shopping for the best hunting gloves. They’re also warm and flexible, so they’re always a good choice but at a certain price.
- Wool. If it’s cold outside, you might want a pair of wool gloves for you hunting trip. However, be aware that it retains unpleasant odors and this might bother you over time.
- Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex comes at a better price than the first two and with a few pros: resistant, waterproof and breathable. What else could you ask for from a synthetic material?
Top 3 Best Hunting Gloves Review
The Primos Stretch-Fit Gloves with Sure-Grip are the overall highest rated hunting gloves by both novice and avid hunters. They’re made from high-quality material, and they offer a tight grip. It will be a really good thing when you are caught up during hunting.
No matter how tough it gets, you can be sure that these gloves will do an excellent work and protect you from any harm that may come. You might particularly enjoy the extended cuff and the call pocket that’s on the back of the hand. The design is the big plus for this pair. On your palm, they will feel extra thin, and they will not stop you from aiming as best as you can.
Practical, comfortable, and affordable, this is the best hunting gloves regardless of your budget or level of experience.
If you can’t afford to spend money on leather hunting gloves, Trailheads Elements offer great value for money. One factor you need to factor in is that these gloves are made from synthetic material, and they might not be suited for cold weather.
In spite of this rather small downside, these hunting gloves are extremely flexible and practical. You don’t have to fear they’ll slip – these have a secure fit and generally, they feel nice. You might even forget you are wearing a pair of gloves!
Overall, Trailheads Elements Gloves are lightweight, comfortable, and durable. If you are looking for a reliable pair of hunting gloves, you have found them.
One of the things we loved most about these gloves is the impressive tactile sensation they give. You feel as if you are not wearing gloves at all and you have perfect control of your hands and fingers.
The innovative HeatGear technology keeps moisture away from the skin, allowing it to breathe. As a result, your palms won’t sweat even in the most intense situations.
Another great advantage that these gloves pose is that they have silicone grips placed strategically, giving you a non-slip hold. Moreover, they are gun-cut, so that the gloves’ seams won’t interfere with your shot.
All in all, the Under Armour Men’s Camo HG Gloves offer good protection and finger dexterity and are perfect for hunting in mild or warm weather.