Boots are among the most important things to pack when you go hunting in cold weather conditions. Not just any boots though, you’ll want to get your hands on the best cold weather hunting boots you can find. While they are often taken for granted, your hunting boots will greatly affect the entire hunting experience.
Getting cold or wet feet will cause you to pack up early, missing out on some pretty amazing opportunities. Not only will cold boots cause you to leave early, but they can even cause you to get sick. Fortunately, there are many amazing cold weather hunting boots to choose from and we’ve narrowed down the best options available.
Top 6 Cold Weather Hunting Boots Chart
|1. Danner Men's Pronghorn Realtree||1200 Grams||$$$||4.7||Check Price on Amazon|
|2. Irish Setter Men's 860 Elk Tracker||1000g 3M Thinsulate Ultra insulation||$$$$||4.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|3. Guide Gear Monolithic Extreme Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boots||2400 Grams||$$||4.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|4. BOGS Mens Classic High No Handle Waterproof Insulated Rain and Winter Snow Boot||N/A||$$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|5. Northside Men's Renegade 800 Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boot||800 Grams||$$||4.3||Check Price on Amazon|
|6. Muck Boots Men's Woody Max (New Camo) Rain Boot||2cm||$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
When Choosing Weather Hunting Boots
Keeping your feet warm, dry and comfortable while hunting in cold conditions is vital to having a good time. You will likely be spending several hours outdoors and keeping warm your feet warm is only achieved when you have the best cold weather hunting boots available. There are many different features that go into making quality hunting boots. Here is a brief overview of what you’ll want to look out for.
- Insulation. The most important thing to consider is the insulation within the boots. Boot insulation is often measured in grams and will usually range between 100 to 3000 grams. The higher the insulation, the warmer your feet will be. However, breathability is sometimes compromised with boots that have too much insulation.
- Weight. The last thing you’ll want is to have your boots weighing you down the entire time. It’s definitely worth considering lightweight hunting boots so you can move with ease. Fabric, leather and rubber boots are often lightweight options.
- Height. The height of the boot will have to be considered if you plan on hunting in extreme conditions. If you plan on walking through water or snow, you will want to choose a taller boot.
- Waterproof. Keeping your feet dry at all times is definitely worth investing a little extra money. Waterproof hunting boots will prevent water and rain from entering the boots, keeping moisture out and your feet dry.
- Steel Toe. A final feature worth considering is a steel toe protection. While not all hunting boots have this feature, it’s a nice addition. Hunting is performed off-road and on uneven terrain, so having extra toe protection is ideal.
Top 3 Best Cold Weather Hunting Boots Reviews
One of the best options currently available is the Danner Men’s Pronghorn Realtree Xtra Hunting Boot. This cold weather hunting boot makes it easier than ever for you to keep warm during your days out in the woods.
The leather and fabric exterior features a camouflage design and speed lacing, making it easy to get them on and off. The Gore-Tex construction makes these boots fully waterproof, keeping your feet dry at all times.
With 1200 grams of insulation, you will be sure to have warm feet even after hours of being outdoors. If you’re looking for warm, waterproof and well-made hunting boots, the Danner Men’s Pronghorn Realtree Xtra hunting boot is one of the best options available.
Made from highly durable leather, the Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof Boot is another excellent option to consider. This hunting boot has an impressive 1000 grams of 3M Thinsulate Ultra insulation, keeping your feet warm for hours.
The waterproof Gore-Tex lining ensures that no water seeps through, which allows for a fully dry hunting experience at all times. The Bulls-Eye Air Bob Aggressive sole provides you with more traction than you could ever hope for, making it ideal for use on uneven terrain.
ScentBan technology is added to these boots in order to kill bacteria that causes odors. If you’re looking for a high quality cold weather hunting boot, you won’t want to miss out on the Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof Boot.
One of the most insulated hunting boots on the market is the Guide Gear Mossy Oak boot. This pair of boots is equipped with an outstanding 2400 grams of Thinsulate Ultra insulation. These boots also have a very breathable membrane.
One of the best things about these boots other than the insulation is their waterproof exterior, keeping your feet away from moisture at all times. The sure-grip rubber sole provides a ton of traction, allowing you to walk off-road with ease.
These incredibly affordable cold weather hunting boots are made from a combination of suede and leather. If you’re looking for the hottest hunting boots you can find, the Guide Gear Mossy Oak Boots are definitely worth considering.