If you’re into Bowfishing, you’ll know all too well how difficult it can be to find the right bow.
In this guide, we will show you the best options available and do the research for you. Let our team of experts guide you as we take a deep dive into the top 11 best Bowfishing bows of 2021!
If you are in a hurry you can check out the top 11 table right below to quickly choose the best bow for you. Carry on reading to see our buyers guide and in depth review of each bow in the list.
|1. PSE New 2017 Discovery 2 Muzzy Bowfishing Package||Compact||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|2. CenterPoint AVCT40KT Typhon||100 pound line||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|3. Cajun Bowfishing Shore Runner Ext Compound Bowfishing Bow||Ready to fish setup||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|4. Cajun Bowfishing Fish Stick Pro Take-Down Bowfishing Bow||56 inch take down||$$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|5. Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Bow||Integrated reel set||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
|6. D&Q Archery Recurve Bowfishing Bow||Very beginner friendly||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|7. Cajun Fish Stick Take-Down Bowfishing Bow||Blister buster finger pads||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|8. Scuba Choice Palantic Archery Bow||Lightweight||$$||Check price on Amazon|
|9. Barnett 1108 Vortex H2O Youth Archery Bow||Perfect for young people||$||Check price on Amazon|
|10. PSE ARCHERY The Kingfisher||Great price||$||Check price on Amazon|
|11. Gen-X Cuda Bowfishing Kit||Adjustable draw weight||$$$||Check price on Amazon|
Things to consider before buying a Bowfishing bow
There are a lot of factors that you have to consider when you are buying one of the best bows for your bowfishing experience. To make it easier for you to make the right decision about which one to pick for you, here is a short buying guide for you. Here are the important things that you have to consider:
- Types of bows: There are mainly two types of bows available – recurve bows and compound bows. While the recurve bows are the more common ones, the compound bows are modern ones. The recurve bows have a curved central part that curve towards the archer. The compound bows, on the other hand, use a system of cables, pullies and cams. It depends on you whether you want a modern bow or a traditional bow.
- Weight factors: When it comes to buying bows, there are two weight factors that you have to consider. One is the weight of the bow which should not be much. You have to ensure that you are holding the bow for a long time and you need to feel comfortable. Another is draw weight which is more important. This means how much weight you can pull while drawing the bow string. It is basically the capacity of the bow. 25 to 40 lbs. draw weight is good for the beginners.
- Grip: The next thing that you have to consider is the grip. Of course, you have to hold the bow for a pretty long time. Not only that, you have to ensure that the bow is steady and you have the perfect hold of it. For that, you need to choose something that offers great grip. Bad grip can be uncomfortable and it can cause pain to a great extent. Well-padded grip can be quite pleasant to hold for long hours.
- Things included in kits: When you are buying a bowfishing bow, it will mainly come in a kit. This kit can have some of the best things. You need to ensure that the kit has at least an arrow and the reel. If you want more, look for the finger guard or pads to protect your finger. Arrow is one of the most important parts of the bowfishing. You need to check whether or not the arrow provided with the bow is up to the mark.
Checking all these important factors will help you to choose the ideal bowfishing bow. Having known the factors to consider, it is time for you to know the best products available in the market. To know more, read below.
Review of the top 11 best bows for bowfishing
When you want to experience the best bowfishing performance, you can’t go wrong with this PSE New Discovery bow. This a great bow with some great features. It can help you to make your bowfishing experience better than ever. It is very light and compact in design which is great for travelling purpose. It also offers a draw weight of 40 lbs. which is pretty great.
PSE has always kept the style and material perfect. Though it is compact and lightweight, the material used for the construction is a top-notch one. This is a complete it that comes with spin reel and seat, shot rest and arrow along with the bow itself.
- Quite tough and durable
- Best for travelling because of the compact nature
- Offers great draw weights
- Reel seat comes with double locking feature
- It is not for the left-handers but only for the right-handed people
If you are looking for a completely assembled kit for an amazing bowfishing experience, then the Centerpoint Bowfishing set is the way to go. It is a 100-pound test dynamo line and it comes with a very functional bow. You can easily adjust the draw weights as well as the lengths for draws. This helps to fit most of the users. You will not need any bow press for this.
Also, the spin-cast reel is adjustable in nature for both the right-handed people and left-handed ones. Being made up of aluminum whisker biscuit bowfishing arrow, it offers great durability. Along with that, you will get 33-inch fiberglass arrow which can quickly release the carp point. If you are looking for a bit more professional, then go for this!
- Made up of premium quality material
- Very light weight and easy to operate
- Perfectly balanced and can be adjusted
- Excellent options for draw weights
- Can be tough for the beginners
This is a complete bowfishing from Cajun kit that comes with the best bow along with finger pads, arrow and reel. It has some really great features. Among all, the best is the constant draw cam which is also included. The deep cam grooves can prevent the strings from getting derailed.
It is great for beginners as this bowfishing bow is quite simple and easy to use. Get the position, prepare the arrow and let the fish come to you. Once you spot, shoot the arrow. It comes with 31.5 inch axle-to-axle bow that features a 50-pound draw weight range. You don’t have to press the bow for any adjustments. Just start shooting and catching fishes.
- Easy and very simple to use
- Kit contains great accessories too
- Offers draw length up to 29 inches
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Can take up a lot of space in your bag
If you are new to the world of bowfishing and you want starter kit, then this bow and other accessories by Cajun is the best option for you. It is about 56 inches long and comes with the draw weight of 45 lbs. which is quite good. Being made up of the high-grade aluminum, this bow provides the best durability and sturdiness.
This kit comes with a roller rest, drum reel with the line as well as an arrow. The kit is very comfortable to manage and as a beginner, it will be quite easy for you to handle this bow. The best part is its adjustability options that you can use according to your convenience.
- Simple and very easy to use
- Easily adjustable to perfectly match your needs
- Very durable in nature
- Great one at the best price
- comes with a slip rubber grip or finger pads
- Not available for the left-handed fishing illogic
The Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Bow is one of the most premium and ready-to-go bowfishing bows that is available in the market. It is perfect for catching some big fishes. It comes with great advanced features making it a perfect bow for experienced bowfisher. It has XD Pro push-button reel along with reel seat and hook rest for fish. You can adjust the bow according to your needs to make it more convenient for you.
The draw weights offer 30 to 60 lbs. along with 24.5 to 31 inches of draw lengths. It is very easy to maneuver with the 30 inches axle-to-axle, this bow can fire about 320 fps. This will allow you to take longer shots into the big fishes in the water. Also, it is very light in weight (3.8 lbs. to be specific) and the height of the brace is 7.5 inches. It is available for both right-handers and left-handers.
- Great for professional use
- Perfect for the experienced bowfishers
- Comes with great specs and features
- Ready to go style makes it easier
- Can be adjusted according to needs
- Not for the beginners
Want to get your hands on a bowfishing starter kit? This kit by D&Q Archery is worth taking a look at. It is a set of amazing bowfishing bow and arrow. The best part is that it is strong and very powerful which offers you to shoot at a fairly accurate way. It helps you to shoot very accurately at the stationary target even from a long range. As it is made up of a limited premium quality fiberglass, it offers resistance to wearing.
Overall, this bowfishing bow is tough, quality tested and amazing in performance. It allows great stability, more precision and comfort too. This kit comes with a bow, 6 arrows, 1 arrow rest brush, finger guard, stabilizer and many more. This can be a great investment for you if you are looking for one of the best bows for bowfishing.
- Great for beginners as well as for experienced people
- Comes with all the essential accessories
- Options available for draw weights
- Durable and well-built
- Great for good precision
- Only for the right-handed people and not for the left-handers
The Cajun Fish Stick Bowfishing set is another great option that you can consider if you are looking for one of the best bowfishing bow and kit. It is designed in such a way that it can offer performance as well as durability. The bow measures around 56 inches long along with a weight of just 45 lbs. which is quite great. You can get the best draw weight option to choose. It comes with a no-slip rubber grip as well as the pads to avoid finger blisters.
Being made up of the best quality aluminum, this bow offers great stability as well as durability. It also comes with the reels that are quite beneficial. You can enjoy great bowfishing time with your friends or family or even alone with this amazing bow and arrow kit. It is a complete one that has all the accessories that one will need for the fishing.
- Strong and durable built with premium quality
- Comes with no-slip grip and buster finger pad
- Offers great peak draw weight
- Quite light in weight
- Can be a perfect starter kit for beginners
- Not for the left-handed people
This Scuba Choice Palantic Bowfishing Bow is another great option to consider. It is one of the best bowfishing bows among the top 11 ones available in the market. With stylish outlook and great performance, this bow can offer a lot. The length of the bow is 38 inches and it is perfect the right handed people. It also comes with an arrow which is 34 inches long and has torpedo tip.
Being built with the premium quality fiberglass material, this is a great bow that you can get for bowfishing. This is a simple kit that includes only a bow and an arrow. It is perfect for the beginners. The draw length can vary from 26 inches to 31 inches, while the draw weight is 40 lbs. This is a pretty convenient and easy to use bow for great precision.
- Great built with high quality material
- Perfect for the beginners
- Offers great draw length and draw weight
- Light in weight for easy use
- Not for the left-handers
- Cannot be adjusted that much
This Barnett 1108 Vortex Youth Archery Bow is a great bow for fishing or even for practicing archery, for the matter. This offers a draw weight of about 31 lbs. to 45 lbs. which is great for the beginners as well as for the experts. The draw modules can also be adjusted according to your needs and preferences. The bow is light in weight and comes with all the essential accessories like slingshots and crossbows.
This also comes with fiberoptic sight along with the pins that are visible in the low light. The cable is made up of a synthetic string that provides sturdiness, durability as well as great stability. The best thing is that this bow is available at a great price. And you will get arrows and quiver along with this too. Hence, it is also very easy to carry here and there.
- Easy to use for simple functionality
- Highly durable with great stability
- Carry case available for better portability
- Easy to adjust draw weight and draw length
- Very affordable
- The arrow rest is not that of the best quality
Looking for a great precision shooting bow for bowfishing? Then this PSE Archery Kingfisher Recurve Bow is a great option to consider. PSE is quite popular for creating some of the best in class bow and arrows for bowfishing. This is one of them and it comes with great specs and features. A stick arrow along with drum reel is available in the kit. The ideal length of this bow is 56 inches and it is perfect for the professionals.
It offers excellent performance as well as maneuvering when you are on the water. This can offer great precision and is ideal for rough conditions too. You will surely enjoy every bit of the fishing with this bow. Being built by a premium quality material, it offers great durability. It is made in USA keeping all the standards and needs in mind. It is perfect bow to start your fishing adventure.
- Very durable and great performance
- Available at a great price
- Comes with great features
- Amazing maneuvering on water
- Light in weight with great precision
- A bit heavy and noisy too while operating
Last but not least we have decided to include this Gen-X Cuda Bow due to its great price and ease of use. This sport offers great and amazing performance. The draw weight and the draw length of this bow are quite impressive. The draw weight can be adjusted very easily anywhere from 25 lbs. to 40 lbs. This can help to accommodate different types of archers in this bow. It is perfect for shooting fishes.
This kit comes with almost everything that you will need. These include the arrow with the safety slide, fisher reel and arrow rest. It is designed with the best quality material and highly modernized technology to offer an ultra-smooth draw cycle. You can get to enjoy the bowfishing to the fullest with this amazing bow.
- Kit contains all the essential accessories
- Great options available for draw weights
- Perfect for both left and right handed people
- High quality fishing reel available
- Better for the professionals than the beginners
These are the top 11 best bowfishing bows available in the market. You can choose one based on your needs and preferences. As you can see not all bows offer left-hand facilities and many more. Hence you have to make the right decision. The buying guide that is provided above will help you to choose the perfect bowfishing bow.