Any keen fisherman or woman will have more than a few stories about their greatest catch, as well as about the one that got away.
However, they are also likely to be able provide a certain amount of advice about how to improve your success rate when fishing.
Those anglers that have a preference for bass will need to have some knowledge of the most suitable locations, as well as the best bait for bass.
In order to catch the best bass, you need to be able to tempt them which can be achieved with the best bass lures.
Top 10 Bass Lures Table
|1. Rapala Rattlin 05 Fishing Lures||Treble x 2||$||4.6||Check Price on Amazon|
|2. Storm WildEye Swim Shad 03 Fishing Lures||One||$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|3. Rapala Jointed Shad Rap 04 Fishing Lures||Treble x 2||$$||4.7||Check Price on Amazon|
|4. South Bend Spinner Assortment||Treble||$$||4.0||Check Price on Amazon|
|5. Rebel Lures Crickhopper Cricket/Grasshopper Crankbait Fishing Lure||Quadruple x 2||$||4.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|6. Rose Kuli Fishing Lures Lifelike Bass Lures Multi Jointed Swimbaits||Treble x 2||$$||4.3||Check Price on Amazon|
|7. Sougayilang Minnow Fishing Lures Crankbaits Set Fishing Hard Baits||Treble x 2||$||4.2||Check Price on Amazon|
|8. Rapala Husky Jerk 08 Fishing Lures||Treble x 2||$$||4.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|9. 6 Fishing Hard Spinner Lure Spinnerbait Pike Bass 18g/0.63oz T11||One||$$$||4.4||Check Price on Amazon|
|10. New Fishing Tackle Lure Snakehead Bass Killer Insect Cicada Freshwater Bait||Treble||$$||3.9||Check Price on Amazon|
Aspects of the Best Bass Lures to Consider
- Weight. The weight of the bass lure will play a part in a number of different factors, such as the speed of the line when it is cast, the depth to which it is able to sink and how useful it will be when used in fast flowing water. Check the specifications of the lure before making a purchase to ensure that it will be suitable for your purposes.
- Style. The style of bass lures varies with many mimicking the smaller prey of bass, which attracts the fish by making them think that they are getting a meal. However, there are also spinners available, which comprise feathers and shapes that resemble prey. These will often be available in different colors and comprise shimmering surfaces that help to catch the light and attract the fish’s attention.
- Colors. The color of a lure can be an important feature as they mimic the natural prey of the bass, which will make them more likely to make an attempt at catching it.
- Quantity. Determine the number of lures you will need for your fishing trip and check whether you are buying an individual lure or several. It may be the case that it will be more cost efficient to obtain a multipack, which will also enable you to take advantage of lures of different colors.
- Compatibility. Consider whether you are fishing in fresh water or sea water and whether your chosen lure is suitable. It is also necessary to consider whether the lure will be suitable for use with your line. Consider the process required for fixing the lure in place and whether this will be easy to achieve whilst on the water.
- Motion. The movement made by a lure will help it to mimic the normal prey of the bass. Check whether the lure comprises a hinged component, which will create the ability for the lure to move in the water like a real fish and increase its effectiveness at luring the bass.
- Number of Hooks. The number of hooks used by a bass lure varies according to the type of lure, so check whether this will suit you.
- Accessories. Some lures may come with accessories that will be useful for an angler, such as spare hooks or spray attractant. Check what comes with the package to see if you can benefit from any extras and that they will be useful.
Top 5 Best Bass Lures Reviews
The Rapala Rattlin 05 fishing lure is a bass lure that looks just like a real fish – scales and all – and is available in a number of different colors. Accordingly, it may be possible to gain more success with another color if the first one does not work.
The main body of the lure, which is the faux fish – contains BBs that rattle with any movement of the lure. The resultant sound can be heard beneath the water and is said to attract the attention of bass and make them more likely to investigate.
It sinks well and has a balanced design that makes it move smoothly through the air on casting as well as through the water.
The Rapala Rattlin 05 lure uses two treble hooks at strategic locations at the base and the rear that are made from black nickel.
The Rapala Rattlin 05 fishing lure is excellent for anglers who want to use sight and sound to lure bass.
The Storm WildEye Swim Shad 03 is a bass lure that available in a number of different guises, with the coloring of each one varying to create a realistic looking fish that can attract a hungry bass.
The appearance is authentic to the point where the sides have the shimmery look of real scales.
The main body of the lure is soft to the touch and the tail contains bio-salt. The single needle point hook that protrudes from the back of the fish is connected to the lead in the head of the fish and is securely fixed in place.
They are quite light at only 0.25oz and may not sink as far as some might like.
The Storm WildEye Swim Shad 03 is a great bass lure for anglers that prefer fishing with a single hook and like the convenience of a three pack.
The Rapala Jointed Shad Rap 04 is a plastic lure that uses a quick diving lip design for ease of use.
It looks like a minnow with a hinged body and contains small components that rattle and mimic the sound of a minnow in distress, which is more likely to attract a curious bass.
The reflective scales on the body will also help it to attract attention as the light bounces off it.
It has two sets of treble hooks, one at the tail and one at the belly, which makes it more likely to be effective at catching a bass.
It is available in a number of different colors to resemble different types of fish.
The Rapala Jointed Shad Rap 04 is one of the best bass lures for attracting a catch with what appears to be distressed prey.
The South Bend “Lunker” Bass Spinner Kit is a set of six spinners that each comprise treble hooks. The pack contains spinners of a range of different colors, which makes it possible to have one that will be suitable for your intended fishing location.
The spoons of the spinners are a number of different sizes and patterns to resemble fish.
The treble hooks are hidden by colored feathers, which will reduce the risk of the bass seeing anything other than food.
The spinners can be reused and interchanged to achieve a successful catch.
The South Bend “Lunker” Bass Spinner Kit is a great multipack of easy to use lures.
The Rebel Lures Crickhopper lure is one that resembles an insect that a fish would see as a tasty meal. The colors vary and this will govern whether the insect is a cricket or a grasshopper.
It has a realistic look that will fool fish into thinking they will be getting an insect. This is enhanced by a movement in the water that resembles an insect’s actions.
The weight allows it to sink down to at least three feet and a quick flick of the line will cause the lure to jump, which will attract attention from the bass that will find the two quadruple hooks.
The Rebel Lures Crickhopper is an excellent faux-insect lure that will help attract bass.