Heading out for a camping adventure with the family takes a lot of preparation and planning.
When it comes to the tent, you want to make sure that you’ve got plenty of room for everyone (human or animal) and that it’s easy to set up.
If you’re looking for the best 6 person tent, then we have some tips and suggestions for you below.
Whether you’re heading out into the wilderness or your favorite campground, we’ll help you find the right one.
Consider This Before Buying Person Tents
- Vestibules. Get a tent with vestibules (extendable sections) that you can use to store extra gear. You don’t want to sacrifice surface area inside the tent for backpacks and food coolers when you have a lot of people who need a place to sleep!
- Test Assembly. Make sure the tent is easy to set up, and do a test assembly at home before you head out camping. This will help you to see how long it takes to set up, how easy (or complicated) it is and you’ll be able to see if it is damaged.
Damaged products happen! Make sure you don’t find out about a ripped seam when you’re out in the middle of nowhere.
- Number Of People. Adults take up more space than kids do, so if you have six adults sleeping in the tent, things will be snug. The tent is designed to sleep six people, so of course it will suit your needs, but if you want air mattresses or other bulky items, remember that six adults may not fit in a six-person tent.
A six-person tent would be ideal for five people so that everyone has additional space and a bit more elbowroom. It would also be great for a family with kids (two adults and four kids).
Some tents have privacy walls so you can divide them into two areas, as well.
Top Six 6 Person Tents Chart
|1. Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent||$$$||4.5|
|2. Coleman Sundome 6-Person Tent||$||4.5|
|3. Coleman Evanston 6 Screened Tent||$$||4.4|
|4. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Screened Tent||$$$$||4.5|
|5. Coleman 6-Person Instant Cabin||$$||4.3|
|6. Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent - 6 Person Olive/Khaki||$||4.1|
Choose the right tent based on the season that you plan to camp in:
- 3-season. Use a tent like this in late spring to early fall.
- Extended 3-season. Use this in early spring or late fall when the temperature is lower or if you camp where there may be snow.
- 4-season. These will hold up through all of the seasons. Wind, snow, heat or cold, they’re designed to handle all of the tough weather conditions that you may encounter!
Top Three Best 6 Person Tents Reviews
For a group of four to six people, it couldn’t get much better than the Coleman Instant Tent. Set up is quick and easy, which means you can spend more time roasting marshmallows and hot dogs than organizing your temporary lodging!
Since the poles are attached to the body of the tent, all you need to do is unfold it, spread it out and snap everything into place.
The welded floor seams ensure that water won’t seep in from the bottom and it has illuminated guy lines so you can see where they are in the dark.
Two queen-sized air mattresses will fit inside, but remember that you might reduce the number of people that can sleep to four or five.
For the quick set up and spacious interior, this tent earns the title of best 6 person tent on our list!
If you’re looking for a tent on a budget, the Coleman Sundome Tent is right for you.
It is spacious yet has practical features that every camper will love: electric accessibility port, mesh vents for airflow and the zippers are sealed to prevent water leakage.
You should probably purchase some additional sealant for the floor seams, as well, to keep standing rainwater from leaking in.
Just a ten-minute assembly and you’re ready to hit the hay!
At 14×10 feet, this giant tent is ideal for sleeping six (or two queen size air mattresses) with a screened front porch, it will feel like a home away from home while you’re out camping.
There are only three poles used to set it up and inside there are two windows, two storage pockets and a mesh ceiling for dry nights when you’d like to do a bit of stargazing. There’s also a hook in the middle of the tent so you can hang a light.
Don’t worry about the wind and rain in this tent, it’s well-sealed and great for sleeping four to six people!